. The research reported in this manuscript which was done at the University of Waterloo was supported, at least in part, by grants horn the Canada Council, S-70-1251 and S-73-0194. Also, much of the research could not have been done without the cooperation of the students and staff of the Kitchener-Waterloo Public and Separate Schools. I am also grateful to Mike Ross and John Holmes for their comments on earlier versions of this paper. I was especially pleased that this paper was awarded The Cordon Allport Intergroup Relations Prize by the Society for The Psychological Study of Social Issues.
The justice motive: Some hypotheses as to its origins and forms1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 1–52, March 1977
How to Cite
Lerner, M. J. (1977), The justice motive: Some hypotheses as to its origins and forms. Journal of Personality, 45: 1–52. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1977.tb00591.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!