. This study was planned and conducted while the authors were at Harvard University, in collaboration with Christine Arkell, Richard Baron, David Felson, Edward Koh, Gary Greenberg, Nancy Shea, Peter Smith, and Karen Wilson. We are also grateful to Susan G. Willard and Christine Dunkel for their assistance with the data analysis and to Charles T. Hill and David Kenny for their comments on the manuscript. Correspondence should be addressed to Zick Rubin, Department of Psychology, Brandeis University, Waltham, Mass. 02154.
Friendship, proximity, and self-disclosure1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 46, Issue 1, pages 1–22, March 1978
How to Cite
Rubin, Z. and Shenker, S. (1978), Friendship, proximity, and self-disclosure. Journal of Personality, 46: 1–22. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1978.tb00599.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received December 5, 1975.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!