. This is based on a thesis prepared by the first author, under the direction of the second author, in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Arts at Northwestern University.
Advantages of difficult tasks1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 46, Issue 1, pages 96–112, March 1978
How to Cite
Linsenmeier, J. A. W. and Brickman, P. (1978), Advantages of difficult tasks. Journal of Personality, 46: 96–112. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1978.tb00604.x
Ruth Hamill, Gharlie Harmon, and Donna Zimmerman served as experimenters for this study. We also wish to thank the administrators, resource center staffs, and students of the Boltwood and Michael Schools of Evanston Township High School for providing such a congenial setting for the conducting of this research.
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received August 26, 1976.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!