. The authors wish to thank Jacqueline Goodchilds, Ph.D., James Murray, and Gary Wolfe, Ph.D., for their careful readings of this paper; and Anna Kun, Ph.D., and Ted Nickel, Ph.D., for their assistance in various phases of the study. The authors also wish to express sincere thanks to Paul R. Abramson, Ph.D., for his assistance with the revised version of this paper.
Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater: The catharsis hypothesis revisited1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 46, Issue 3, pages 462–473, September 1978
How to Cite
Murray, J. and Feshbach, S. (1978), Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater: The catharsis hypothesis revisited. Journal of Personality, 46: 462–473. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1978.tb01012.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received March 7, 1977.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!