. This report is based on a thesis submitted by the author in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the M.A. degree from the University of Delaware. The author would like to thank Joel F. Gordon and Ralph V. Exline for their inspiration and guidance, Bruce Sterling for his help with the pilot work, and Denice Irwin, Sherry Wileski and Tae Im Moon for their work as confederates and judge.
Decoding effects of cognitive complexity, tolerance of ambiguity, and verbal–nonverbal inconsistency1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 46, Issue 3, pages 519–535, September 1978
How to Cite
Domangue, B. B. (1978), Decoding effects of cognitive complexity, tolerance of ambiguity, and verbal–nonverbal inconsistency. Journal of Personality, 46: 519–535. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1978.tb01015.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received April 19, 1977.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!