The author is grateful to Harry T. Reis and Joseph F. Porac for their comments on an earlier draft of this article. Appreciation is also due to Associate Editor Stephen G. West for his detailed editorial advice.
Attribution of success and failure revisited, or: The motivational bias is alive and well in attribution theory
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 47, Issue 2, pages 245–287, June 1979
How to Cite
Zuckerman, M. (1979), Attribution of success and failure revisited, or: The motivational bias is alive and well in attribution theory. Journal of Personality, 47: 245–287. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1979.tb00202.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received September 14, 1977
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!