The authors would like to express their deep appreciation to Nancy Fendler, Tom Green, and Gary Biron for serving as experimenters in this research, and to Joel Gold for his critical review of this manuscript.
What you don't know can hurt you: The effects of performance criteria ambiguity on sex differences in self-confidence1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 48, Issue 3, pages 306–322, September 1980
How to Cite
Lenney, E., Browning, C. and Mitchell, L. (1980), What you don't know can hurt you: The effects of performance criteria ambiguity on sex differences in self-confidence. Journal of Personality, 48: 306–322. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1980.tb00836.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received January 11, 1979; revised June 27, 1979.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!