The author would like to express her appreciation to John Coie. Philip Costanzo, and Martin Seligman for commenting on earlier drafts of this manuscript, and to Blair Kilpatrick-Tabak for many stimulating discussions about learned helplessness.
A revised model of learned helesspleness in humans1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 48, Issue 1, pages 103–133, March 1980
How to Cite
Roth, S. (1980), A revised model of learned helesspleness in humans. Journal of Personality, 48: 103–133. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1980.tb00969.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received November 9, 1978; revised September 27, 1979.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!