. We are appreciative of the critical comments made by professors Daryl Bern, David Demo, Rick Shweder, and Barbara Koslowski on earlier drafts of this manuscript. The Spencer Foundation provided financial support in a generous grant made to the first author. We are primarily grateful to the adolescent participants for their cooperation and enjoyable moments. Requests for reprints should be sent to Ritch C. Savin-Williams, Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853.
The assessment of adolescent self-esteem: A comparison of methods1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 49, Issue 3, pages 324–335, September 1981
How to Cite
Savin-Williams, R. C. and Jaquish, G. A. (1981), The assessment of adolescent self-esteem: A comparison of methods. Journal of Personality, 49: 324–335. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1981.tb00940.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received December 15, 1980; revised April 10, 1981.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!