Support for this study was provided by a generous grant from the Spencer Foundation. The author wishes to acknowledge the assistance of Susan Roosenraad in conducting the study, and of Martha Robinson and Allison Young in analyzing the data. Appreciation is expressed to the children and teachers of the Pine Cobble School for their cooperation, and Saul M. Kassin for his helpful comments on an earlier version of this paper.
Children's use of defense mechanisms in reaction to displeasure caused by others
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 78–94, March 1983
How to Cite
Cramer, P. (1983), Children's use of defense mechanisms in reaction to displeasure caused by others. Journal of Personality, 51: 78–94. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1983.tb00855.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received January 20, 1982; revised July 16, 1982.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!