We would like to thank Tegan Blackbird, Kelly Davies, Sheri Roth, Dan Rubanowitz, Cris Scaglione, and Chris Woroniecki for their assistance in interviewing children; Renee Ewine and Cris Scaglione, who drew the stimulus pictures; Abigail Ring and Peggy Stenehjem for their help in pilot work; Thomas V. Petros and James A. Clark for technical and conceptual comments; and the principals, staff, parents, and children at Holy Family Elementary School, St. Mary's Elementary School, United Day Nursery, and University Children's Center for their assistance and cooperation. An earlier version of this report was presented at the meeting of the American Psychological Association, August 1981, Los Angeles. This research was supported by University of North Dakota Faculty Research Awards 1806-2001-2201 and 1813-2001-2335 to the first author.
Children's reports of the sources of self-knowledge
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 124–137, June 1984
How to Cite
Schoeneman, T. J., Tabor, L. E. and Nash, D. L. (1984), Children's reports of the sources of self-knowledge. Journal of Personality, 52: 124–137. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1984.tb00348.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received February 15, 1983; revised October 14, 1983
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!