This research was supported by National Science Foundation Grant BSN–8018628. The authors are grateful to the following people who helped in the preparation of this project—Ed Deci, John Simonson, Paul Tero, Shirley Tracey, and the children and teachers of the Barker Road School, Pittsford, NY. Thanks also to Miriam Gale.
Setting limits on children's behavior: The differential effects of controlling vs. informational styles on intrinsic motivation and creativity
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 233–248, September 1984
How to Cite
Koestner, R., Ryan, R. M., Bernieri, F. and Holt, K. (1984), Setting limits on children's behavior: The differential effects of controlling vs. informational styles on intrinsic motivation and creativity. Journal of Personality, 52: 233–248. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1984.tb00879.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received September 6, 1983; revised January 31, 1984.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!