This research was supported by Research Grant BSN-8018628 from the National Science Foundation The authors are grateful to the following persons who helped this project to reach fruition James Connell Edward Deci, Paul Tero, Shirlev Tracey We are also grateful for the experimental assistance of Margot Cohen Scott Cohen, Loren Feldman, and Darrell Mazlish Thanks also to Eileen Plant and Miriam Gale
Intrinsic motivation and the effects of self-consciousness, self-awareness, and ego-involvement: An investigation of internally controlling styles
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 435–449, September 1985
How to Cite
Plant, R. W. and Ryan, R. M. (1985), Intrinsic motivation and the effects of self-consciousness, self-awareness, and ego-involvement: An investigation of internally controlling styles. Journal of Personality, 53: 435–449. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1985.tb00375.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received April 19, 1984 revised February 12 1985
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!