The authors gratefully acknowledge the helpful comments of J S Fleming, David Funder, Oliver John, Martin Johnson, Daniel Ozer, Delroy Paulhus, Carolyn Phinney, and Stephen West
The role of factor analysis in the development and evaluation of personality scales
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 54, Issue 1, pages 106–148, March 1986
How to Cite
Briggs, S. R. and Cheek, J. M. (1986), The role of factor analysis in the development and evaluation of personality scales. Journal of Personality, 54: 106–148. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1986.tb00391.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received September 14, 1985
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!