We have profited greatly from the critical and insightful comments of Alois Angleitner, Jeffrey Herman, William Bernstein, Merry Bullock, Charles S Carver, Dieter Frey, Wolfgang Heinemann, Stefan E Hormuth, Jay G Hull, Ronald F Kinney, Michael Koller, Peter Schonbach, Melvin L Snyder, William B Swann, Jr, Abraham Tesser, Robin R Vallacher, Ulrich Wagner, and Daniel M Wegner
The Fallacy of the Private-Public Self-Focus Distinction
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 55, Issue 3, pages 491–523, September 1987
How to Cite
Wicklund, R. A. and Gollwitzer, P. M. (1987), The Fallacy of the Private-Public Self-Focus Distinction. Journal of Personality, 55: 491–523. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1987.tb00448.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received November 28, 1984, revised July 15, 1986
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!