Preparation of this article was facilitated by NSF Grants BNS 84-14601 and BNS 84-06235
The Blind Men and the Elephant: Selective Examination of the Public-Private Literature Gives Rise to a Faulty Perception
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 55, Issue 3, pages 525–541, September 1987
How to Cite
Carver, C. S. and Scheier, M. F. (1987), The Blind Men and the Elephant: Selective Examination of the Public-Private Literature Gives Rise to a Faulty Perception. Journal of Personality, 55: 525–541. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1987.tb00449.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received October 1, 1986
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!