This research was supported by National Institute of Mental Health Grants MH 09249 to Timothy J Strauman and MH 39429 to E Tory Higgins We wish to thank Jeffrey Tanaka, Stephen West, and several anonymous reviewers for their valuable comments and suggestions We also wish to thank Ruth Klein for her assistance with Study 1
Self-Discrepancies as Predictors of Vulnerability to Distinct Syndromes of Chronic Emotional Distress
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 56, Issue 4, pages 685–707, December 1988
How to Cite
Strauman, T. J. and Higgins, E. T. (1988), Self-Discrepancies as Predictors of Vulnerability to Distinct Syndromes of Chronic Emotional Distress. Journal of Personality, 56: 685–707. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1988.tb00472.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received October 20, 1986, revised May 17, 1988
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!