We are indebted to Cindy Gibson for conducting Study 2 and to Brian Mullen for his contributions to designing the research We thank Craig Anderson, Bill Chaplin, Lew Goldberg, Bill Graziano, Bob Greene, Bob Hogan, Bob Kraut, Charlie Lord, Del Paulhus, Fred Rhodewalt, Sandy Russ, Steve Scher, Doug Schultz, Bill Swann, and Steve West for their criticisms and suggestions in response to an earlier version of this article Rations of this material were presented at the convention of the American Psychological Association in Washington, DC, in August 1986.
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 56, Issue 3, pages 571–598, September 1988
How to Cite
Baumeister, R. F. and Tice, D. M. (1988), Metatraits. Journal of Personality, 56: 571–598. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1988.tb00903.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received August 19,1986, revised February 13,1987
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!