This article is based on a program of research on social change in the life course We are grateful for support from the National Institute of Mental Health through Grant MH 37809 (Glen H Elder, Jr, principal investigator), the Veterans Administration Merit Review Program (Elizabeth Clipp and Glen H Elder, Jr, co-principal investigators), and a Senior Scientist Award (MH 00567) to the first author We are indebted to Catherine Cross for her statistical assistance, to the Institute of Human Development (University of California, Berkeley) for permission to use archival data from its files, and to the Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center at the Durham VA for its support of our work on military service in aging and health
Combat Experience and Emotional Health: Impairment and Resilience in Later Life
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 57, Issue 2, pages 311–341, June 1989
How to Cite
Elder, G. H. and Clipp, E. C. (1989), Combat Experience and Emotional Health: Impairment and Resilience in Later Life. Journal of Personality, 57: 311–341. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1989.tb00485.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received January 22, 1988, revised August 9, 1988
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!