The research reported in this article was supported by a Research Stimulation Award from Loyola University of Chicago The author wishes to thank Lynn Davidson, Yanghui Han, and Fran Weaver for help in data coding, Todd Miller and Paul Yarnold for assistance in data analysis, and Maggie Melville for typing the manuscript I am also grateful to Marvin Ackhn, Anita DeLongis, Larry Cruder Dave Klingel Darnn Lehman, Dan Me Adams, Linda Perloff, Joseph Veroff, Steve West, Camille Wortman, Paul Yarnold, and the anonymous reviewers for their comments on earlier drafts of this manuscript
A Four-Factor Model of Perceived Control: Avoiding, Coping, Obtaining, and Savoring
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 57, Issue 4, pages 773–797, December 1989
How to Cite
Bryant, F. B. (1989), A Four-Factor Model of Perceived Control: Avoiding, Coping, Obtaining, and Savoring. Journal of Personality, 57: 773–797. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1989.tb00494.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received October 17 1988, revised May 25 1989
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!