This article is based on a master's thesis submitted by the author to the Departments of Sociology and Psychology, University of Missouri-Kansas City The author is grateful to Nancy Cantor, Stephen West, and two anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments on earlier versions of the article The author gives special thanks to Cleve Redmond for editorial and substantive contributions and to Carolee Larsen for help with collecting and organizing the data
An Unwillingness to Act: Behavioral Appropriateness, Situational Constraint, and Self-Efficacy in Shyness
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 57, Issue 4, pages 871–890, December 1989
How to Cite
Hill, G. J. (1989), An Unwillingness to Act: Behavioral Appropriateness, Situational Constraint, and Self-Efficacy in Shyness. Journal of Personality, 57: 871–890. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1989.tb00498.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received September 21 1987 revised June 1 1989
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!