This research was funded in part by a National Science Foundation Grant (to the second author), a Sigma X1 Grants-in-Aid-of-Research award, and the Stanford Center for the Study of Families, Children, and Youth The authors wish to thank Irvin Child, Donald Quinlan, Robert Sternberg, and Seymour Sarason for their consultation in the early phases of this research We also gratefully acknowledge the assistance of Caroline Griffin, Karla Moras, and Rita Ghatak and the helpful suggestions of Kim Bartholomew, Shirley Feldman, Martin Ford, Rich Gonzalez, Len Horowitz, Roger Kobak, Jack Mayer, Tom Merluzzi, Rom Tower, and Steve Tublin Gary Schwartz is now at the University of Arizona
Distress and Restraint as Superordinate Dimensions of Self-Reported Adjustment: A Typological Perspective
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 58, Issue 2, pages 381–417, June 1990
How to Cite
Weinberger, D. A. and Schwartz, G. E. (1990), Distress and Restraint as Superordinate Dimensions of Self-Reported Adjustment: A Typological Perspective. Journal of Personality, 58: 381–417. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1990.tb00235.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received July 1, 1987, revised November 6, 1989
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!