This research has been supported by grants from the Pioneer Fund, the Seaver Institute, the University of Minnesota Graduate School, the Koch Charitable Foundation, the Spencer Foundation, the National Science Foundation (BNS-7926654), and the Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Publishing Co We would like to thank the following people for the time and effort they have given to testing the twins Margaret Keyes, Jeff McHenry, Elizabeth Rengel, Susan Resnick, Joy Fisher, Jan Englander, Ann Riggs, Kimerly J Wilcox, Mary Moster, Dan Moloney, and Ellen Rubin We are indebted to our colleagues and collaborators on the Minnesota Study of Twins Reared Apart project, Auke Tellegen, David Lykken, Bike Eckert, Leonard Heston, and Nancy L Segal for their help and advice We would also like to thank the Minneapolis Memorial Blood Bank, Herbert Polesky, Director, for the blood testing
Genetic and Rearing Environmental Influences on Adult Personality: An Analysis of Adopted Twins Reared Apart
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 58, Issue 1, pages 263–292, March 1990
How to Cite
Bouchard, T. J. and McGue, M. (1990), Genetic and Rearing Environmental Influences on Adult Personality: An Analysis of Adopted Twins Reared Apart. Journal of Personality, 58: 263–292. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1990.tb00916.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received August 17, 1988, revised June 1, 1989
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!