This research was supported by Grant FP 8528/3 from the Federal Agency of Traffic to Hans W. Bierhoff. We are grateful to Nicola Preese for help with translation of the manuscript and to Robert Kühner for his offer to cooperate with the Medical University of Hanover. We would like to thank Dietmar Otte for supervising the data collection as director of the accident research project “Research at the Scene of an Accident” carried out at the Medical University of Hanover. Thanks also to Horst Wagner for supervising the data collection as director of the national training center of St. John's Ambulance Brigade in Butzbach and to Brigitte Berg and Angela Ludwig for assisting with data collection. We also thank Jim T. Tedeschi and two anonymous reviewers for their comments on an earlier version of this article.
Evidence for the Altruistic Personality from Data on Accident Research
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 59, Issue 2, pages 263–280, June 1991
How to Cite
Bierhoff, H. W., Klein, R. and Kramp, P. (1991), Evidence for the Altruistic Personality from Data on Accident Research. Journal of Personality, 59: 263–280. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1991.tb00776.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received November 27, 1989; revised July 13, 1990.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!