The authors are grateful for financial support from the Seaver Institute, which made this study possible, and for assistance provided by Richard Koestner, Joel Weinberger, Joseph Healy, and Elizabeth Vandewater in collecting and analyzing the data. This research used the Patterns of Child-Rearing 1951–52 data set (made accessible in 1979, raw and machine-readable data files). These data were collected by R. Sears, E. Maccoby, and H. Levin, and are available through the archive of the Henry A. Murray Research Center of Radcliffe College, Cambridge, MA 02138.
Motivational and Other Sources of Work Accomplishments in Mid–Life: A Longitudinal Study
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 60, Issue 4, pages 679–707, December 1992
How to Cite
McClelland, D. C. and Franz, C. E. (1992), Motivational and Other Sources of Work Accomplishments in Mid–Life: A Longitudinal Study. Journal of Personality, 60: 679–707. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1992.tb00270.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received February 10, 1991; revised June 27, 1991.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!