The authors thank Judy Beal and Jeffrey Herbst for rating California Psychological Inventory items, and Kevin Lanning for comments on an earlier draft of the manuscript. Portions of this article were presented at the American Psychological Association Convention, August 1990, Boston.
Folk Concepts, Natural Language, and Psychological Constructs: The California Psychological Inventory and the Five-Factor Model
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 61, Issue 1, pages 1–26, March 1993
How to Cite
McCrae, R. R., Costa, P. T. and Piedmont, R. L. (1993), Folk Concepts, Natural Language, and Psychological Constructs: The California Psychological Inventory and the Five-Factor Model. Journal of Personality, 61: 1–26. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1993.tb00276.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received August 3, 1990; revised July 2, 1991.
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!