This research was supported by the National Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. We thank Lynn Kozlowski, Patricia Pliner, and Dianne Tice for their comments on this manuscript.
Self-Awareness, Task Failure, and Disinhibition: How Attentional Focus Affects Eating
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 61, Issue 1, pages 49–61, March 1993
How to Cite
Heatherton, T. F., Polivy, J., Herman, C. P. and Baumeister, R. F. (1993), Self-Awareness, Task Failure, and Disinhibition: How Attentional Focus Affects Eating. Journal of Personality, 61: 49–61. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1993.tb00278.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received June 15, 1990; revised August 20, 1991
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!