This research was supported in part by National Institute of Mental Health Grant R01 MH40498. The authors would like to thank Joe Fiannaca, Lisa Heller, Rachel Lewis, Sherri Meggison, and Jayson Slotnik for their help in conducting the study.
Beyond Personality Impressions: Effects of Physical and Vocal Attractiveness on False Consensus, Social Comparison, Affiliation, and Assumed and Perceived Similarity
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 61, Issue 3, pages 411–437, September 1993
How to Cite
Miyake, K. and Zuckerman, M. (1993), Beyond Personality Impressions: Effects of Physical and Vocal Attractiveness on False Consensus, Social Comparison, Affiliation, and Assumed and Perceived Similarity. Journal of Personality, 61: 411–437. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1993.tb00287.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received November 25, 1991; revised July 16, 1992.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!