This research was supported by National Institute of Mental Health Grant MH49255; additional support came from Grants MH40662 and MH39077. The second author was supported by a National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship. We are indebted to Lewis R. Goldberg, Zareen Farooqi, and Myron Rothbart, who helped us collect the data analyzed here, and to Robert R. McCrae and DavidC., Funder, who generously provided us with their data for the present reanalyses. Maureen Barckley contributed invaluable programming assistance. This article has benefited from thoughtful comments by William F. Chaplin, Kenneth H. Craik, David C. Funder, Lewis R. Goldberg, Robert Hogan, Delroy Paulhus, Robert R. McCrae, David Watson, and Stephen G. West. A portion of these findings were presented at the 1988 midwinter meetings of the Society for Personality Assessment in New Orleans. March 10–14. 1988. and at the annual meeting of the Society for Experimental Social Psychology, Madison, WI, October 20–23. 1988.
Determinants of Interjudge Agreement on Personality Traits: The Big Five Domains, Observability, Evaluativeness, and the Unique Perspective of the Self
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 61, Issue 4, pages 521–551, December 1993
How to Cite
John, O. P. and Robins, R. W. (1993), Determinants of Interjudge Agreement on Personality Traits: The Big Five Domains, Observability, Evaluativeness, and the Unique Perspective of the Self. Journal of Personality, 61: 521–551. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1993.tb00781.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received October 21, 1992; revised March 26. 1993.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!