The contribution of both authors to this article is equal, so the order of authorship is arbitrary. Portions of this research were presented at the 1990 Society of Multivariate Experimental Psychology meeting in Newport, RI. We would like to thank Jenny Owens for her assistance in stimuli preparation in Study 2 and Jan Cheek and David Jewell for their work as experimenters in that study. We also express our thanks to J. S. Tanaka for valuable discussions about methodological issues and to Karina W. Davidson, David Funder, Bernadette Park, Stephen G. West, and two anonymous reviewers for comments on earlier drafts of this manuscript.
Shared Meaning and the Convergence among Observers' Personality Descriptions
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 61, Issue 4, pages 553–585, December 1993
How to Cite
Chaplin, W. F. and Panter, A. T. (1993), Shared Meaning and the Convergence among Observers' Personality Descriptions. Journal of Personality, 61: 553–585. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1993.tb00782.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received October 9, 1992; revised April 13, 1993.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!