We would like to thank Marc Blais and Robert Vallerand for their comments on an earlier version of this manuscript. We would also like to thank Edward Deci, Richard Ryan, James Connell, and the other members of the Rochester Motivation Group for their help in developing some of the ideas for this article. This research was funded by grants from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada and the Fonds pour la formation de chercheurs et l'aide à la recherche (Quebec) to Richard Koestner.
Causality Orientations, Failure, and Achievement
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 62, Issue 3, pages 321–346, September 1994
How to Cite
Koestner, R. and Zuckerman, M. (1994), Causality Orientations, Failure, and Achievement. Journal of Personality, 62: 321–346. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1994.tb00300.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received June 24, 1991; revised March 15, 1993.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!