This research was supported in part by National Science Foundation Grants BNS 88-18611 and BNS 90-96263. We thank Vickie Fendley, James W. Pennebaker, June Tangney, Robin R. Vallacher, and Richard Wenzlaff for their valuable help in conducting Study 1; we are grateful to Thomas Oltmanns and Natalie Gibbs for providing the interview data for Study 4; we thank Sandra Vaughn, Beth Cooch, and Frances Quillian for their assistance as coders for Study 4; and we thank Daniel B. Gold for help in the analysis of Study 6.
Chronic Thought Suppression
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 62, Issue 4, pages 615–640, December 1994
How to Cite
Wegner, D. M. and Zanakos, S. (1994), Chronic Thought Suppression. Journal of Personality, 62: 615–640. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1994.tb00311.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received October 5, 1992; revised September 27, 1993.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!