This study was conducted by Kathie Halbach Moffitt under the supervision of Jefferson A. Singer in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the master's degree in psychology at Connecticut College. We extend our thanks to Otello Desiderate and Peter Salovey, thesis committee members. The research was supported in part by a Dana Faculty Fellowship awarded to the second author, and by a thesis grant from the Department of Psychology, Connecticut College, to the first author. We thank Robert Emmons for his communication regarding the application of the personal striving model; Gwendolyn Stevens, for making it possible to conduct research at the United States Coast Guard Academy; and Stuart Vyse, Don O'Neill, and Gregg TeHennepee for their assistance with data analysis.
Continulty in the Life Story: Self-Defining Memories, Affect, and Approach/Avoidance Personal Strivings
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 62, Issue 1, pages 21–43, March 1994
How to Cite
Moffitt, K. H. and Singer, J. A. (1994), Continulty in the Life Story: Self-Defining Memories, Affect, and Approach/Avoidance Personal Strivings. Journal of Personality, 62: 21–43. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1994.tb00793.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received June 19, 1991; revised September 21, 1992.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!