This article is based in part on a dissertation submitted in partial fulfillment of requirements for the Ph.D. at the University of California, Davis, under the supervision of Robert A. Emmons (Chair), Dean Keith Simonton, and Alan Elms. Portions of this article were presented at the 64th Annual Midwestern Psychological Association Convention, May 1992, in Chicago. Preparation of the manuscript was supported in part by NIMH/FIRST Award R29 MH54142-01 to Laura A. King. 1 would like to thank Robert Emmons, Lisa Jensen, Sheri Broyles, Carmen Uhlmann, Phebe Cramer, and two anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments on earlier versions of this article. In addition, I would like to thank Trisha Valdero, L. Stephanie Roderiguez, Emily Stemmerich, and Lisa Tinti for their assistance in data collection and coding.
Wishes, Motives, Goals, and Personal Memories: Relations of Measures of Human Motivation
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 63, Issue 4, pages 985–1007, December 1995
How to Cite
King, L. A. (1995), Wishes, Motives, Goals, and Personal Memories: Relations of Measures of Human Motivation. Journal of Personality, 63: 985–1007. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1995.tb00323.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received October 8, 1992; revised July 18, 1994
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!