I gratefully acknowledge the assistance of Bob Emmons and Dan McAdams, whose careful editorial work led to a much-improved article. Dennis Mitchell and Glenn Geher assisted me with the classification ratings of systems in and around personality. Dennis Mitchell, who has assisted me with previous system-topics articles, contributed a number of suggestions. Rebecca Warner has also contributed extensively to both past articles and the present one, especially assisting with a critique of Figure 2. Others from the University of New Hampshire Psychology Department served as ad hoc reviewers, including Elizabeth Stine and members of the Social/Personality lunch group. Heather Chabot, Kevin Carlsmith, Victor Benassi, Ellen Cohn, Bill Peterson, and Shelley Strowman. A thoughtful letter from Jerry Burger in response to an earlier system-topics article encouraged me to distinguish the system-topics approach from the study of psychology more generally. Finally, Christopher Monte reviewed a nearly completed version of the present manuscript and made a number of helpful suggestions.
The System-Topics Framework and the Structural Arrangement of Systems within and around Personality
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 63, Issue 3, pages 459–493, September 1995
How to Cite
Mayer, J. D. (1995), The System-Topics Framework and the Structural Arrangement of Systems within and around Personality. Journal of Personality, 63: 459–493. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1995.tb00503.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received September 1994; revised December 1994.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!