Study 1 employs data collected by Barry J. Hoffman for a Ph.D. dissertation in clinical psychology at Loyola University of Chicago. Study 2 draws on data used by Elizabeth D. Mansfield for a Ph.D. dissertation in counseling psychology at Northwestern University. Studies 2 and 3 were supported by a grant to the first author from the Spencer Foundation. The authors would like to thank Ed de St. Aubin, Karen Dicke, Holly Hart, Gina Logan, Joy Natividad, Jeffrey Raischel, Janet Shlaes, David Shor, and Carol Anne Stowe for their assistance in data collection, coding, and analysis. Thanks are also extended to Bill Peterson and Avril Thorne and to two anonymous reviewers for comments on an early draft of this manuscript and to Phebe Cramer for her careful and patient editorial guidance.
Themes of Agency and Communion In Significant Autobiographical Scenes
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 64, Issue 2, pages 339–377, June 1996
How to Cite
McAdams, D. P., Hoffman, B. J., Day, R. and Mansfield, E. D. (1996), Themes of Agency and Communion In Significant Autobiographical Scenes. Journal of Personality, 64: 339–377. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1996.tb00514.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!