The research for this article was supported by grants from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRCC 410–91–1596 and 410–94–1718) to the second author and fellowships from the Medical Research Council of Canada and the SSHRCC to the first author. This research was conducted as part of Tess O'Brien's master's thesis at the University of British Columbia. The authors would like to thank Darrin Lehman, Dimitri Papageorgis, Del Paulhus, Ron Pound, Melady Preece, and Jerry Wiggins for their suggestions and comments.
The Interactional Context of Problem-, Emotion-, and Relationship-Focused Coping: The Role of the Big Five Personality Factors
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 64, Issue 4, pages 775–813, December 1996
How to Cite
O'Brien, T. B. and DeLongis, A. (1996), The Interactional Context of Problem-, Emotion-, and Relationship-Focused Coping: The Role of the Big Five Personality Factors. Journal of Personality, 64: 775–813. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1996.tb00944.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!