Many of the published and unpublished findings reported in this article come from studies funded by National Institute of Arthritis, Musculoskeletal, and Skin Diseases Grant AR-20621 to the University of Connecticut Multipurpose Arthritis Center. We are grateful for the collaboration of Susan Urrows and Micha Abeles and for the assistance of Pamela Higgins and Debra Begin with data collection and management. We are also indebted to Jeff Siegel of National Technology Services for his help in programming the electronic diaries described in this article and to Saul Shiffman for his assistance with protocol development. Finally, we appreciate the assistance of Jerry Suls, Shelley Taylor, and James Coyne in revising an earlier version of the manuscript.
Construing Benefits from Adversity: Adaptotional Significance and Disposltional Underpinnings
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 64, Issue 4, pages 899–922, December 1996
How to Cite
Affleck, G. and Tennen, H. (1996), Construing Benefits from Adversity: Adaptotional Significance and Disposltional Underpinnings. Journal of Personality, 64: 899–922. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1996.tb00948.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!