The authors are indebted to Bernadette Park and Myron Rothbart for sending us the 54 personality/attitude items from their demonstration of the out-group homogeneity effect. We thank Mary Kite and Kay Deaux for sending us sample protocols and coding instructions for their open elicitation task. We appreciate the help of Rodd Stock-well and Jamie Reilly in their experimenter roles. And we are grateful to John Seidel for his comments on this article. Anne Johnson received a master's degree from Northern Illinois University for her work in Studies 1 and 3. Hildy Kellman received an undergraduate degree with high honors from Harvard University for her work in Study 7. Portions of this article were presented at the May 1989 Nags Head Sex and Gender Conference, Nags Head, NC.
Seeing Masculine Men, Sexy Women, and Gender Differences: Exposure to Pornography and Cognitive Constructions of Gender
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 65, Issue 2, pages 311–355, June 1997
How to Cite
Frable, D. E. S., Johnson, A. E. and Kellman, H. (1997), Seeing Masculine Men, Sexy Women, and Gender Differences: Exposure to Pornography and Cognitive Constructions of Gender. Journal of Personality, 65: 311–355. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1997.tb00957.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!