James E. King, Department of Psychology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721; Alexander Weiss, Laboratory of Personality and Cognition, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, 5600 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224; Kay Farmer, Scottish Primate Research Group, Department of Psychology, University of Stirling, Stirling FK9 4LA, Scotland.
A Chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes) Analogue of Cross-National Generalization of Personality Structure: Zoological Parks and an African Sanctuary
Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2005
Journal of Personality
Volume 73, Issue 2, pages 389–410, April 2005
How to Cite
King, J. E., Weiss, A. and Farmer, K. H. (2005), A Chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes) Analogue of Cross-National Generalization of Personality Structure: Zoological Parks and an African Sanctuary. Journal of Personality, 73: 389–410. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2005.00313.x
We would like to express our gratitude to Virginia Landau, Director of ChimpanZoo and Aliette Jamart, Director of Habitat Ecologique et Liberté des Primates (HELP). We are also indebted to staff and raters at the HELP project in the Republic of Congo and the following zoos: Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (Colorado Springs), Dallas Zoo, Fort Worth Zoological Park, Knoxville Zoological Park, Lion Country Safari (West Palm Beach), Los Angeles Zoo, Lowry Park Zoological Gardens (Tampa Bay), North Carolina Zoological Park, Oakland Zoo, Sacramento Zoo, San Francisco Zoological Gardens, Sedgewick County Zoo (Witchita), Taronga Zoo (Sydney, Australia), Sunset Zoo (Manhattan, KS), and the Tulsa Zoo. We would also like to thank R. R. McCrae for his helpful suggestions and advice.
- Issue online: 17 JAN 2005
- Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!