This work was supported by a university research grant and a proposal initiative grant from the University of Utah, awarded to the first author, Monisha Pasupathi, and by funding from the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program at the University of Utah awarded to the second author, Ben Rich. The first author also received support from NIMH (R03MH64462-01A1) during the writing of the manuscript. Study 1 was the senior honors thesis of Ben Rich, who is now a PhD student at the University of Massachusetts in Boston. Roxey Catanzero, Gina Erickson, Franz Kubak, Casey Parry, David Shaw, and Taylor Thornton deserve our gratitude for their work. Carol Sansone deserves thanks for her invaluable suggestions on earlier drafts. The paper also benefited substantially from editorial and reviewer suggestions.
Inattentive Listening Undermines Self-Verification in Personal Storytelling
Version of Record online: 24 MAY 2005
Journal of Personality
Volume 73, Issue 4, pages 1051–1086, August 2005
How to Cite
Pasupathi, M. and Rich, B. (2005), Inattentive Listening Undermines Self-Verification in Personal Storytelling. Journal of Personality, 73: 1051–1086. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2005.00338.x
- Issue online: 24 MAY 2005
- Version of Record online: 24 MAY 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!