Study 1 was submitted in partial fulfillment of the doctoral requirements of the University of Rochester and was supported by an NRSA fellowship (# 11766) from the National Institutes of Health. I am grateful to Harry Reis and Andrew Elliot for serving on my dissertation committee and to Bernie Weiner, Anne Peplau, and Gian Gonzaga for reading earlier versions of this manuscript.
Approach and Avoidance Social Motives and Goals
Version of Record online: 15 DEC 2005
Journal of Personality
Volume 74, Issue 1, pages 175–222, February 2006
How to Cite
Gable, S. L. (2006), Approach and Avoidance Social Motives and Goals. Journal of Personality, 74: 175–222. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2005.00373.x
- Issue online: 15 DEC 2005
- Version of Record online: 15 DEC 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!