Preparation of this article was made possible by support from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. This research was conducted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for a Master of Arts degree at the University of Toronto awarded to the first author. A portion of these studies was presented at the 15th annual convention of the American Psychological Society, Atlanta, May 2003. The authors wish to thank Dana Iliescu for her assistance with collecting the data for Study 1, all of the research assistants who helped collect the data for Study 2, and Romin W. Tafarodi for his helpful comments on an earlier draft of this manuscript.
Self-Liking and Self-Competence Separate Self-Evaluation From Self-Deception: Associations With Personality, Ability, and Achievement
Version of Record online: 2 MAY 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 74, Issue 4, pages 1047–1078, August 2006
How to Cite
Mar, R. A., DeYoung, C. G., Higgins, D. M. and Peterson, J. B. (2006), Self-Liking and Self-Competence Separate Self-Evaluation From Self-Deception: Associations With Personality, Ability, and Achievement. Journal of Personality, 74: 1047–1078. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2006.00402.x
- Issue online: 2 MAY 2006
- Version of Record online: 2 MAY 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!