Richard M. Ryan and Edward L. Deci, Department of Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology, University of Rochester.
Self-Regulation and the Problem of Human Autonomy: Does Psychology Need Choice, Self-Determination, and Will?
Version of Record online: 12 SEP 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 74, Issue 6, pages 1557–1586, December 2006
How to Cite
Ryan, R. M. and Deci, E. L. (2006), Self-Regulation and the Problem of Human Autonomy: Does Psychology Need Choice, Self-Determination, and Will?. Journal of Personality, 74: 1557–1586. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2006.00420.x
Preparation of this manuscript was supported in part by a grant from the National Cancer Institute (CA-106668).
- Issue online: 12 SEP 2006
- Version of Record online: 12 SEP 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!