Amara T. Brook is now at Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California. Mark Villacorta is now at the University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut.
The Pursuit of Self-Esteem: Contingencies of Self-Worth and Self-Regulation
Article first published online: 4 OCT 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 74, Issue 6, pages 1749–1772, December 2006
How to Cite
Crocker, J., Brook, A. T., Niiya, Y. and Villacorta, M. (2006), The Pursuit of Self-Esteem: Contingencies of Self-Worth and Self-Regulation. Journal of Personality, 74: 1749–1772. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2006.00427.x
The research reported in this article was supported by National Institute of Mental Health grants R01 MH58869 and K02 MH01747 and National Science Foundation grant BCS 0446567 to Jennifer Crocker. Yu Niiya was supported by a Fulbright graduate fellowship and the Innovation in Social Research Fellowship from the Institute of Social Research. Amara T. Brook was supported by a predoctoral NIMH traineeship.
- Issue published online: 4 OCT 2006
- Article first published online: 4 OCT 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!