This research was supported by Grant We 1779/4-1 from the German Research Foundation (DFG) awarded to Hannelore Weber and Britta Renner.
The Spirited, the Observant, and the Disheartened: Social Concepts of Optimism, Realism, and Pessimism
Version of Record online: 20 NOV 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 75, Issue 1, pages 169–197, February 2007
How to Cite
Weber, H., Vollmann, M. and Renner, B. (2007), The Spirited, the Observant, and the Disheartened: Social Concepts of Optimism, Realism, and Pessimism. Journal of Personality, 75: 169–197. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2006.00436.x
The authors would like to thank Manja Harning, Katrin Matiba, and Kirsten Schweinberger for their help with data collection. We are very much indebted to Rainer Reisenzein for his generous and invaluable assistance and his many insightful comments on an earlier version of this paper. We are also grateful to Christopher Leone for his helpful comments on an earlier version of this article.
- Issue online: 20 NOV 2006
- Version of Record online: 20 NOV 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!