Brandon J. Schmeichel, Department of Psychology, Texas A&M University; Anne Zell, Department of Psychology, Florida State University.
Trait Self-Control Predicts Performance on Behavioral Tests of Self-Control
Article first published online: 25 APR 2007
Journal of Personality
Volume 75, Issue 4, pages 743–756, August 2007
How to Cite
Schmeichel, B. J. and Zell, A. (2007), Trait Self-Control Predicts Performance on Behavioral Tests of Self-Control. Journal of Personality, 75: 743–756. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2007.00455.x
Thank you to Roy Baumeister and to the members of the Social/Emotion Research Group at Texas A&M University for their contributions to this work.
Thanks also to Daniela Cortez, Ashley Deaton, Nicole Hover, Candace Jakes, Michelle Johnson, Krystle Mata, Mark Polley, Michael Pyle, Andrea Salomone, Christine Stockholm, and Holly Wilson for helping to collect the data. This research was facilitated by a National Research Service Award to Brandon Schmeichel (MH 069139).
- Issue published online: 25 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 25 APR 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!