Portions of this research were presented at the 84th Annual Convention of the Western Psychological Association, Phoenix, Arizona, April 2004, and at the 2006 Biennial Convention of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues, Long Beach, California, June 2006. This research was supported by a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship to the first author and a University of California Faculty Research Grant to the second author. We gratefully acknowledge Jennifer Claudio, Seema Sood, Matthew Tokeshi, and Joanne Wong for their assistance with data collection and data entry. In addition, we thank Kathleen R. Sullivan, Frank Worrell, Elizabeth Page-Gould, the Relationships and Social Cognition Lab at UC Berkeley, and an anonymous reviewer for helpful comments on earlier revisions of this article. E-mail: Wayne Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org; Rodolfo Mendoza-Denton at email@example.com.
Status-Based Rejection Sensitivity Among Asian Americans: Implications for Psychological Distress
Version of Record online: 14 AUG 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2008, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Personality
Volume 76, Issue 5, pages 1317–1346, October 2008
How to Cite
Chan, W. and Mendoza-Denton, R. (2008), Status-Based Rejection Sensitivity Among Asian Americans: Implications for Psychological Distress. Journal of Personality, 76: 1317–1346. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2008.00522.x
- Issue online: 15 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 14 AUG 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!