This work was supported by a proposal initiative grant and a University Research Grant from the University of Utah (first author) and a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Grant of Canada (second author). Data for Study 2 were collected while the second author was on the faculty of the University of Toronto. We thank Tao Liu for the data reported in Study 1 and Laina Smith, Asma Teebi, Lori Martins, Silvia Fernandes, and Sybil Ngan for help with data collection and coding in Study 2. Romin Tafarodi, Tilman Habermas, and Susan Bluck provided thoughtful exchanges during the writing.
To Tell or Not to Tell: Disclosure and the Narrative Self
Article first published online: 10 DEC 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2009, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Personality
Volume 77, Issue 1, pages 89–124, February 2009
How to Cite
Pasupathi, M., McLean, K. C. and Weeks, T. (2009), To Tell or Not to Tell: Disclosure and the Narrative Self. Journal of Personality, 77: 89–124. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2008.00539.x
- Issue published online: 29 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 10 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!