This article is based on data from a study on the development of life narratives that was supported by the German Research Council (DFG), grant #HA 2077. We thank the children and adolescents, teachers, and directors of the Comenius Grundschule and the Bettina Gymnasium, Frankfurt, for their participation and kind support. Thanks also go to Verena Diel and Martha Havenith, who collected the data with the third author, for data entry Andreas Fröhlich, Helge Hachenberg, Michael Schreiner, Claudius Stauffenberg, Fiona Bonzelius, and Leonie Koske. The coding of beginnings and endings is based on the master's thesis of the second author; the coding of anachronies was done by Claudius Stauffenberg and Jennifer Bannert. We thank Giulia Angelini and Anna Kenney for helpful suggestions on the manuscript.
The Development of the Temporal Macrostructure of Life Narratives Across Adolescence: Beginnings, Linear Narrative Form, and Endings
Version of Record online: 9 FEB 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2009, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Personality
Volume 77, Issue 2, pages 527–560, April 2009
How to Cite
Habermas, T., Ehlert-Lerche, S. and De Silveira, C. (2009), The Development of the Temporal Macrostructure of Life Narratives Across Adolescence: Beginnings, Linear Narrative Form, and Endings. Journal of Personality, 77: 527–560. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2008.00557.x
- Issue online: 5 MAR 2009
- Version of Record online: 9 FEB 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!